There are thousands upon thousands of pieces of advice I can share on the blog. Many of these have been repeated countless times and I feel like I shouldn’t be the tenth person to tell you these. But these rules, written by Kurt Vonnegut held real value for me and I hope they turn out to be just as valuable to you.
- Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted.
- Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for.
- Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.
- Every sentence must do one of two things—reveal character or advance the action.
- Start as close to the end as possible.
- Be a sadist. No matter sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them—in order…
View original post 79 more words
One thought on “”
Thank you very much for the reblog. It really helps me as an upstarting blogger.