A WASTED PROFESSION
all the words, you know, it’s hard to tell if you’re truly on course or
on some vanity trip: how much can be said, how much has
already been said, and why?
other writers’ words do me little good, then, why should mine be
all my words…do they create
laughter through the flame?
the same poets reading over and
over again in the same venues; I am embarrassed for them and for
do we really think that we are fashioning speech more un-
usual than a stock market or weather
all the words–we type away–on and on–most of us living lives
ordinary and without courage–are we sick to think that our
I don’t like us and I never did–is there anything worse
than a creature who lives only to write
I’m not sure how I feel about this idea, but I love the poem. I love to be a poet.
The Continual Condition Copyright@2009 by Linda Lee Bukowski. All rights reserved.
- Arising Issues and Bukowski (ptsdcreativewriting.wordpress.com)
- Because sometimes love is like this… (diedreblake.wordpress.com)
- Discoveries (lidabushloper.wordpress.com)
- Who do you read? (lidabushloper.wordpress.com)
- Charles Bukowski on What Love Is (brainpickings.org)
- (Poet) Playwright Spotlight: Nuala Ní Dhomhnaill (dramachicks.wordpress.com)
- Day 15: Child Poet (taralinda.wordpress.com)
- Video: See Flash Mob Bukowski Tribute Performance Break Out at Barney’s Beanery (laist.com)
- WHAT A TREMENDOUS TIME WE’RE HAVING! by Nick Sturm (vouchedbooks.com)
- Flash Poetry Reading at Barney’s Beanery Tomorrow Will Celebrate Charles Bukowski (laist.com)
- Bukowski’s “The Blue Bird,” Beautifully Animated (brainpickings.org)
- Bukowski In My Dream (asuph.wordpress.com)
- Sickness, 3 scoop IceCream Sundae and the IceCream people by Charles Bukowski (aspoonfulofsuga.wordpress.com)
- A Poem For Saturday (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Reflection for today…The Laughing Heart -Charles Bukowski (mysoulsonice.wordpress.com)